Thursday 8 May 2014

Quiet observation

I am currently sat relaxing on the sofa quietly observing my little boy. He's 10 months old and, although I am biased, he's the most adorable little rascal. Super inquisitive and on the go walking around all the time. I love sitting and watching him learn new things, play with toys, explore. You see I really am very lucky that I can be a stay at home mummy with him. So very lucky to get to see his every tiny development. 

I am also making time to look out of the window to quietly observe the wonderful canal side view from our balcony. I am going to miss this view dearly when we move soon. I can't wait to have the space to spread our wings in a house rather than an apartment however the setting of our new home isn't so scenic unfortunately. 

I am trying to muster the enthusiasm to get on with chores and start packing up our belongings-just can't seem to find the energy at the moment though. Perhaps when little man goes for a nap I can make a cup of tea and have a cheeky slice of honey cake to improve motivation? Or maybe I'll devour it quietly observing that view again. 

Before I go I shall tell you the cake was made from Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstalls Everyday cookbook. It was incredibly simple to make, a lovely moist cake full of almondy goodness and slathered in honey while warm. I am finding it a touch too sweet but it just means I have a smaller slice and it lasts longer! 



No comments:

Post a Comment