Wednesday 26 September 2012

Room for a little one?


Well hello blogosphere!
For a long time now I have been daring myself to start a blog, a little space all of my own that will track what I get up to, recipes I bake, projects I make, places I go and the like. Teetering on the edge I have been, wondering if I could possibly join such talented, expressive and witty people that have entertained and inspired me for so long.
Baking is my passion much to my waistlines' dismay! The cakier the better but all manner of cooking and baking is relished in my kitchen. I love to bake homely goodies for the family but my heart truly sings when I am creating celebration cakes! Any event or celebration is an excuse to roll out the fondant and challenge myself to a new skill. My dream would be to have my own home business providing yummy pretty celebration cakes...ahh.....*sigh*....one day!
I had never thought of myself as creative-GCSE in art being the best it got really. Until around a year ago I got a niggle, a small nagging niggle saying ‘hey...try something creative...make something!’ Well, who am I to start challenging those niggling naggles (ahem!), and at that I picked up a crochet needle hopped onto YouTube and taught myself to crochet.  I browsed the blogosphere to find tips and patterns and gain inspiration and thus crochet led to knitting (which I have discovered that I am not so hot at!), which led to a spot of sewing, which led to the purchase of a swanky new sewing machine, yearlong accumulation of fabrics and yarns Eep!  
So here I am. Halfway through a delightful Hexagon blanket inspired by another creative Lucy over at Attic 24, a patchwork baby quilt and ready to start making my very first item of clothing-Collette Patterns Sencha blouse inspired by the lovely Tilly from Tilly and the Buttons! Excited much! The Sencha blouse may have to wait until I move home as it's only 3 weeks until move day and everything is getting packed around me!
I am hoping that having a blog will encourage me to stay focused as I have a massive tendency to get lured into different creative ideas, get all the gear and never actually achieve anything before I move onto the next wantee-does anyone else have this problem?
Right must be off I have a honey cake baking away and need to get more packing done!


No comments:

Post a Comment