Wednesday 15 April 2015

Transformations

It has taken time, lots of paint and the most dedicated hardworking husband a woman could ask for but we are close to getting number 79 where we would like it.
We are just attacking the last room needing decorating-our room. I am hopping with excitement as C has given his stamp of approval on a radical and fresh design! Half painted walls in coral no less! I can't wait to see it complete-lets hope it looks like my Pinterest board. 

After that overhaul its time to add finishing touches! The house is like a nice blank canvas now in muted fresh tones and ready to be brought alive and made homely with pictures, trinkets and crafted pieces. The best til last as they say. 


There you see. Neutral but not in a boring way I hope. Good old Farrow and Ball
Here's a snippet of what we had to contend with...


Some people found it quirky and fun but I found it claustrophobic but that's just me I guess. 

It feels good to have a cool calming room that we can all relax in. I love curling up in my cozy living room. Over winter the fire was just blissful! 


Sorry about the picture quality. I'll get practising on the 'proper' camera! 
I've been a fan of a fellow Lucy's blog over at attic24 for many years and have always longed for a fire not least so I could adorn it with Lucy's festive bunting (seen above). 

No comments:

Post a Comment